The Ajna chakra is connected to our ability to focus and see the big picture and to our intuition. It is in charge of balancing the higher and lower selves. Mentally, Ajna deals with visual consciousness. Emotionally, Ajna is connected to clarity on an intuitive level.
Location: Between the eyebrows
If your third eye Chakra is open and working fully, you are able to use your intuition to make decisions about work and career, your family and others. You often know things without knowing exactly how, and you have a clear sense of direction and clarity in all of your life. You know where you are headed and people come to you daily for advice and support, you are known to be ‘wise’. If the third eye chakra is overactive you will find yourself living in imaginary worlds or even hallucinations. You may also have learning disabilities, sleep disorders and swollen glands.
If this chakra is closed, you feel helpless or lost when faced with decisions and judgment calls. You are indecisive, uncommitted and under confident of the decisions you do make, because you have made so many wrong ones in the past. You feel spiritually lost and have no sense of where your life is going and why.
This chakra is easily helped to open by the following –
- Eating indigo food and brinks – blackberries , blueberries etc
- Listening to music that includes chanting and spiritual choirs
- Mediation, spiritual development workshops, astronomy
- Bring indigo into your home with decor or ornaments
- Wear indigo jewellery e.g. amethyst
A quick and easy meditation to open the third eye chakra is –
- If possible sit comfortably with your legs crossed on the floor, if this not possible find a comfortable upright chair and sit on that.
- Concentrate for a few minutes on the floor beneath yourself and feel at one with it. Then concentrate on your breathing in and out.
- Put your hands in front of the lower part of the breast. The middle fingers should be straight and touch the tops, pointing away from you. The other fingers are bent and touch at the two upper phalanges. The thumbs point towards you and meet at the tops.
- Think about the third eye chakra and how you would like it to work for you.
- Silent chant Om while still concentrating on the third eye chakra
- Feel the third eye chakra open up and surround you in its protective indigo light. Allow it flow and the third eye chakra becomes cleansed.
- Slowly come back into the room feeling awake and refreshed