The Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura is connected to our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. It’s related to the metabolic and digestive systems and to issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, opinion-formation, introversion, and transition. Physically, Manipura governs digestion, mentally it governs personal power, emotionally it governs expansiveness, and spiritually, all matters of growth.
Location: Solar plexus
Colour – Yellow
The Solar Plexus chakra is about asserting yourself, when it is functioning you feel in control and you have a high level of self esteem. Known as the Personal Power Chakra this energy centre works with your confidence and healthy self-esteem, both in your career and personal life. It enables you to speak your mind, and you empower those around you to do the same. You will be a charismatic individual, working to better the world for others. However If this chakra is over-active, you can be domineering and aggressive
When it is under-active, you can be indecisive, timid and afraid to get your needs met. You will question yourself about all decisions no matter how big or small. You may act like a victim, and feel powerless and manipulated by others. You may be anxious for most of the time. Your health will be affected especially your stomach with digestive issues, IBS, ulcers and colitis. Your memory may be poor, your nerves will be on edge and you may find yourself living on nervous energy.
So how do you improve you Solar Plexus energy? Just like the other chakra you need to bring yellow into your life –
- In the food you eat – lemons, peppers, etc
- Wear yellow jewellery and stones
- Bring yellow into your home – decor and ornaments
- Use yellow essential oils like citronella, lemon ,grapefruit etc
- Stimulate your mind – reading informative books, take courses that make you learn and try to stimulate your memory.
- Detoxify your stomach with changes to diet and supplements
If you want to open this chakra here is a simple meditation to get you started –
- If possible sit comfortably with your legs crossed on the floor, if this not possible find a comfortable upright chair and sit on that.
- Concentrate for a few minutes on the floor beneath yourself and feel at one with it. Then concentrate on your breathing in and out.
- Concentrate on the Solar plexus chakra and what it stands for –above the navel
- Lay your hands above the navel, lat the finger together and point them away from yourself, then join the thumbs and ensure the fingers are straight.
- Silently chant RAM
- All this time stay relaxed, still thinking about the chakra, it’s meaning, and how it affects your life.
- Stay with the feeling for as long as you want, then become aware of your breathing again, then the noises in the room and slowly move and open your eyes. Thank your chakra for showing itself to you and repeat this mediation until you feel the change you require