Right now we have all made resolutions and one of mine is to be healthy, that means taking care of myself as a whole and that is where I find homoeopathy so useful. It treats the issues and the underlying causes in the most gentle way.
Homoeopathy has been around for centuries; Hippocrates is believed to have discovered it about 400BC. Modern homoeopathy is based on the works of Samuel Hahnemann, based on his doctrine of like cures like, in other words a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people will cure the symptoms in sick people.
Homoeopathy remedies are prepared by repeatedly diluting a chosen substance in alcohol or distilled water. Dilution usually continues well past the point where no molecules of the original substance remain. Homoeopathy remedies are provided based on all of the patient’s symptoms, personal traits, physical and psychological state, and life history. It also looks for Miasms which are a predisposition to a particular disease or a weakness (e.g. weakness in the chest), which interferes with subsequent treatment of any issues in that area
You may be prescribed animal, mineral or plant base cures and these can be as capsule or more often as electromagnetic energy enclosed in a glucose or sugar tablet. (It is essential therefore that these tablets are not stored near mobile phones, PCs or microwaves).
Some common homoeopathy remedies are –
- Arnica – good for bruising and can be brought as a lotion/cream too
- Calendula – good for helping wounds heal , soothing heartburn and can be a cream or liquid
- Foliculinum – help regulate menstruation and ease menopausal issues
- Ferrum phosphoricum – alleviates nosebleeds
- Kalium bichromicum – helps to clear the sinus and bronchial tracts
- Nux vom – For over indulgence in food and alcohol, stuffy colds. Vertigo and constipation.
- Ruta – eases sprains, tendon issues and joint problems
It is advisable to find a qualified homoeopath and not to try to prescribe your own remedies as there are so many and combined together can be very powerful. Nor should you stop taking your usual medication without professional advice. A good homoeopath will be registered with Alliance of Registered Homoeopaths; they have lists of homoeopaths by area – http://www.a-r-h.org/