Does astra projection mean we can fly? Well not quiet it’s an out of body experience where the astral body leaves the physical body to travel in the astral plane. The idea of astral travel is common in many religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness’ or soul’s journey is described an out-of body experience, where the soul leaves the physical body and travels in their astral body to an afterlife. It is frequently reported in dreams, drug experiences and meditation.
Scientists do not believe that astral projection is real. It is a spiritual theory, and other than first-hand accounts, there is little physical evidence of the phenomena. Yet for hundreds of years people have claimed to travel outside of their bodies. Some practioners believe everyone leaves their body at night, but before they do leave, they have to put the physical mind to sleep. Most people don’t remember this, but when the physical mind is asleep, the subconscious takes over, and this is usually when astral projection happens.
So what do you believe? Do you want to give it try? Here are some simple exercises.
- Start either early in the morning when you are relaxed but less lightly to sleep or try during a deep meditation, it’s all about relaxation. So it’s better to be alone and unlikely to be disturbed.
- Focus on breathing, relaxing your body the way that works best for you.
- Get to the stage of close to sleep but do allow yourself to sleep, focus on your body, one part at a time and in your mind flex each part of your body but do not do this physically.
- If you get vibrations just go with them, allow yourself to enjoy these vibrations, it could be your consciousness preparing to leave your physical being
- Imagine the room in which you are lying. Move your body in your mind around the room until you can see yourself. See the silver chain that keeps attached to your physical body and then simply physical wiggle your toes and you will be brought back to your body.
It takes considerable practice to master astral projection until you can move from the room you are in. Don’t be surprised if you fall asleep or nothing happens for several attempts, start small and maybe just move your hand out of your physical body.